Self Study Program 440 – Audi A5 Cabriolet
VAG SSP 440. The new Audi A5 Cabriolet. The new Audi A5 Cabriolet is the successor to the Audi A4 Cabriolet in the premium class.
The outgoing version of the Audi A5 Cabriolet had already attained the status of a “modern classic”.
The new Audi A5 Cabriolet comes as standard with a fully automatic, electro-hydraulic convertible top with a heated glass rear window.
Audi A5 Cabriolet is a fully fledged all-weather vehicle thanks to its excellent acoustic and thermal insulation.
The space-saving K fold and the practical convertible top mechanism enable the convertible top to open and close quickly even while driving.
Due to their innovative engine technology, the modern petrol and diesel engines offer a maximum of efficiency without compromising performance and driving dynamics.
Power transmission is provided by a 6-speed manual gearbox, a multitronic gearbox or a new S tronic 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
The Audi A5 Cabriolet is equipped with an Audi A5 suspension system, which offers sporty and agile handling as well as exceptional straight line and cornering stability.
The extensive standard specification can be upgraded according to personal preferences with a wide range of high-end options.
The new Audi A5 Cabriolet is produced at Audi’s Neckarsulm plant.
- Body structure
- Running gear
- Overview of the suspension system
- Convertible top
- Convertible top box lid
- Wind deflector
- Variable convertible top well
- Convertible top design
- Convertible top frame
- Hydraulic unit
- Bleeding the hydraulic system
- Hydraulic cylinder
- Solenoid valve
- Hydraulic circuit diagram
- Electrical convertible top control system
- Installation locations of the system components
- Operating the convertible top
- Emergency actuator
- Components of the convertible top control system
- Data exchange
- System overview
- Function diagram
- Occupant protection
- Occupant protection system in the Audi A5 Cabriolet
- The Electric Seat Belt Feeder
- Function of the Electric Seat Belt Feeder
- Electrical implementation of the function
- Options for diagnosis
- Air conditioning
- Neck heaters on the Audi A5 Cabriolet
- Integration of the neck heaters into the car’s electrical system
- Neck heater performance data
- Electrical system
- Fuses and relays
- Audi drive select
- Networking A vehicles with infotainment CAN bus
- Networking A vehicles with MOST bus
- Overview of control unit installation locations
- Radio and navigation systems
- Aerial system
- Left aerial module
- Top view of convertible top box lid
- Bottom view of convertible top box lid
- Overview of the sound systems
- Test yourself
The Self-Study Programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models, new automotive parts or new technologies.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Repair Manual.
All values given are for easier understanding only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.