Self Study Program 429 – Audi Q5 – Engines and Transmissions 7-speed dual clutch gearbox 0B5 (S tronic)
Self Study Program 429 – Audi Q5 – Engines and Transmissions 7-speed dual clutch gearbox 0B5 (S tronic) PDF. With the introduction of the Audi Q5, Audi is extending its model range to include a compact SUV that sets new standards in its class. In addition to the Audi Q7 and the Audi A6 allroad quattro, Audi is now introducing a third model for the off-road segment.
The Audi Q5 will be manufactured at the Ingolstadt facility. It is a logical choice of location because the Audi Q5 is based on component parts which are used on the Audi A4 ‘08.
The new Audi Q5 combines the dynamism of a sports saloon with highly variable interior and versatile options for leisure-time and family use. Strong and efﬁcient engines, Quattro permanent all-wheel drive and agile running gear have been brought together to create a superior technology package for both on and off road driving.
Highlights such as the innovative S tronic seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and the driving dynamics system Audi drive select are the evidence that substantiates the Q5’s claim t o Vorsprung durch Technik. The sportiest SUV in its class, it is dynamic, multifunctional and comfortable.
The objectives of this Self-Study Programme
This Self-Study Programme describes the design, function and new features of the engines and gearboxes used in the new Audi Q5. Once you have worked your way through this Self-Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
– Which engines and gearboxes are used?
– Which modiﬁcations have been made to the 3.0l V6 TDI engine?
– How are the fuel tanks of the Audi Q5 designed, and what are their distinguishing features?
– Which exhaust system components were adopted from the A4 ´08?
– How is the new seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox designed, and how are gearshifts performed?
– What are the points to note regarding the mechatronic system?
- 2.0l turbo FSI
- 3.2l V6 FSI
- 2.0l TDI with common rail injection
- 3.0l V6 TDI with common rail injection
- The volume-ﬂow controlled oil pump of the 3.0l V6 TDI engine
- Exhaust gas recirculation in the 3.0l V6 TDI engine
- Fuel tank and feed
- Exhaust system
- Power transmission
- Drive concept – powertrain – power transmission
- 0B2 gearbox
- Six-speed manual gearbox 0B2
- Self-locking centre differential with asymmetric torque split
- 0B5 gearbox/S tronic
- Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox 0B5/S tronic
- Sectional view of gearbox – overview of the component parts
- Advantages of the 7 gear ratios
- Design and function of the gearbox mechanism
- Design features of the dual clutch
- Gearshift sequence
- Gearbox oil system
- ATF supply – lubrication
- ATF cooling
- Lubrication of the manual gearbox
- Parking lock
- Gearbox control
- Mechatronics J743
- Gearbox protection functions
- Control unit temperature monitoring
- Clutch protection
- All you need to know
- Gearshift mechanism – ignition key withdrawal lock – Audi drive select
- Limp-home programs
The Self-Study Programme teaches the design and function of new models, new automotive parts or new technologies.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Repair Manual.
The values given are for illustration purposes only and refer
to the software version valid at the time of publication of the SSP.
For information about maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.