Self Study Program 418 – The Lane Departure Warning System
The lane departure warning system from Volkswagen is another progressive assistance system, which is intended to provide the driver with support in controlling the vehicle in critical situations.
Based on the evaluation of optical data, it recognises the course of the road and actively intervenes with the steering when the vehicle threatens to drive over the centre or outer lane markings.
- Design of the lane departure warning system
- Overview of components and their locations
- System layout
- Functional principle of the lane departure warning system
- System behaviour
- Lane recognition
- Functional limits
- System messages
- Electrical components
- Lane departure warning control unit
- Further actuators
- Functional diagram
- Special tools
- System calibration
- Explanation of the HIGHLIGHTED terms
- Test yourself
The self-study programme portrays the design and function of new developments!
The contents will not be updated.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service literature.