Self Study Program 402 – Dynamic Steering in the Audi A4 2008
VAG SSP 402. In the Audi A4’08, dynamic steering is featured for the first time in an Audi vehicle. This steering system eliminates the compromise of having a constant steering ratio. An optimal steering ratio is obtained as a function of driving speed and steering wheel angle. The dynamic steering system provides a suitable steering ratio for every situation – whether parking, driving on windy country roads or at high speed on a motorway.
Over and above this, the dynamic steering system assists the ESP system in specific driving situations by implementing corrective steering inputs which serve to maintain dynamic stability. This intelligent new system, therefore, not only enhances driving and steering comfort, but also provides a marked improvement in active motoring safety.
- Basic design and functions
- System overview / system components
- Active steering control unit J792
- Electric motor
- Dynamic steering lock
- System overview
- Function diagram / CAN data interchange
- Operation and driver information
- Steering ratio selection
- Functions of the ESP button E256
- Function and fault indication
- Special system functions
- Initialisation after a fault
- Steering pump with ECO function
- Design and function
- System response in the event of a fault
The self-study programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models, new automotive parts or new technologies.
The self-study programme is not a repair manual!
All values given are intended as a guideline only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.