Self Study Program 383 – Audi TT Coupe 2007 – Body
Self Study Program 383 – Audi TT Coupe 2007 – Body PDF free online
Audi-Space-Frame ASF of the Audi TT Coupé
The development targets for the bodyshell of the Audi TT With a weight advantage of 48 % over a comparable all-steel bodyshell, in addition to an optimised weight distribution, the new composite aluminium-steel spaceframe body of the Audi TT marks yet another milestone in the development of modern Audi bodyshells.
Crash safety of the bodyshell is enhanced by means of load-bearing structures at the front end, sides and rear end, with a heavy emphasis on pedestrian safety.
To ensure efficient volume bodyshell production, various new joining and production techniques are employed.
The repair concept is based heavily on the well-known aluminium repair concept. However, of course, the materials combination of aluminium and steel necessitated that new approaches be taken.
- Audi Space Frame of the Audi TT
- Technological concept
- Contact corrosion
- Combination of steel and aluminium
- Comparison of ASF concepts
- Joining techniques and production processes
- Punch riveting
- MIG welding
- Resistance spot welding and MAG welding
- Structural bonding
- New joining technique: solid punch riveting (Kerb-Konus riveting)
- New joining technique: Flow Drill screwing
- New joining technique: aluminium laser welding
- Repair concept
- Aluminium repairs
- Steel repairs
- Aluminium-steel repairs
- Workshop equipment
- Qualification of aluminium
- Bodyshell safety concept
- Head-on collision, side impact and rear collision
- Pedestrian safety
- Electromechanical rear spoiler
The self-study programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models, new automotive parts or new technologies.
The self-study programme is not a repair manual!
All values given are intended as a guideline only and refer to the software version valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
For maintenance and repair work, always refer to the current technical literature.