Self Study Program 363 – Audi Q7 – Power Transmission Transfer Case 0AQ
VAG SSP 363. This SSP deals mainly with the design and function of this new development. Audi Q7 – Power transmission by the inventor of the quattro. The powertrain concept of the Audi Q7 offers impressive performance at high speeds in addition to outstanding dynamics, both on and off the road.
The permanent quattro four-wheel drive with asymmetric, dynamic torque split ensures maximum traction and cornering stability. These features are essential to good driving dynamics and active motoring safety, particularly when driving on paved roads and at high speeds.
The newly developed transfer case 0AQ is the centrepiece of the power transmission system.
- Drive concept
- Subassemblies overview
- Brief description of the gearbox
- 6-speed manual gearbox 08D
- 6-speed automatic gearbox 0AT / 09D
- Gear selector mechanism
- Automatic gearbox selector mechanism
- Manual gearbox selector mechanism (refer to SSP 299)
- Transfer case 0AQ
- Design / function of transfer case 0AQ
- Self-locking centre differential
- Components overview / design / function
- Asymmetric basic torque distribution
- Asymmetric/dynamic torque distribution
- Chain drive
- Oil supply / sealing
- Service / special tools
- Useful information
- Operating instructions
This self-study programme teaches the design and function of new vehicle models, new automotive components or new technologies.
The self-study programme is not a workshop manual!
All values given are intended as a guideline only, and refer to the software version valid at the time of publication of the SSP.
Please refer to the relevant service literature for current inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.