Self Study Program 347 – Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems
Self Study Program 347 – Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems Design and Function PDF free online
Tyre pressure monitoring systems monitor the inflation pressure of the tyres. They can warn you about dangerous changes in pressure and send a signal when the actual tyre pressure deviates from the specified tyre pressure.
The tyre pressure affects
– road safety,
– the service life of the tyres and
– fuel consumption
In Volkswagen vehicles, the tyre pressure is monitored using three different systems:
– the tyre pressure monitor display (TPMD), which is purely a software solution,
– the tyre pressure monitor (TPM) with wheel position recognition in the Touareg and Phaeton and
– the TPM without position recognition in the Passat
- TPM tyre pressure monitor display
- TPM with position recognition
- TPM without position recognition
- Test Yourself
The self-study programme shows the design and function of new developments.
The contents will not be updated.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service literature.