Self Study Program 347 – Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems
Self Study Program 347 – Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems PDF. Tyre pressure monitoring systems monitor the inflation pressure of the tyres. They can warn you about dangerous changes in pressure and send a signal when the actual tyre pressure deviates from the specified tyre pressure.
The tyre pressure affects
– road safety,
– the service life of the tyres and
– fuel consumption
In Volkswagen vehicles, the tyre pressure is monitored using three different systems:
– the tyre pressure monitor display (TPMD), which is purely a software solution,
– the tyre pressure monitor (TPM) with wheel position recognition in the Touareg and Phaeton and
– the TPM without position recognition in the Passat
- TPM tyre pressure monitor display
- TPM with position recognition
- TPM without position recognition
- Test Yourself
The self-study programme shows the design and function of new developments.
The contents will not be updated.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service literature.