Self Study Program 334 – The fuel system in FSI engines
Self Study Program 334 – The fuel system in FSI engines Design and function PDF. This self-study programme describes the design and function of the improved fuel system using the example of the 2.0 ltr 110 kW FSI engine. All FSI engines with a power output of over 66 kW are fitted with an improved fuel system.
In this fuel system:
- the high pressure fuel pump and the fuel rail receive a special coating that makes them
corrosion resistant to fuels with an ethanol content of up to 10 percent
- high pressure fuel pump activation has been changed
- there is no more leakage line on the high pressure fuel pump
- the pressure limiting valve leakage line on the fuel rail follows the shortest route to the low pressure fuel system upstream of the high pressure fuel pump
- General overview of the fuel system
- Demand-controlled fuel system
- Fuel system components
- Fuel pump control unit
- Electric fuel pump
- High pressure fuel pump with fuel pressure regulating valve
- Fuel pressure sender for lower pressure
- Fuel pressure sender, high pressure
- High pressure injectors
- Pressure limiting valve
- Connecting piece with restrictor
- Test your knowledge
This self-study programme shows the design and function of new developments.
The contents will not be updated.
Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for all inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.