Self Study Program 312 – Audi A3 2004 Electrical System
Self Study Program 312 – Audi A3 2004 Electrical System PDF free online
The Audi A3 ’04, top quality equipment features – now available for the compact class as well
details which used to be the sole domain of the more luxurious classes. Such features include new pre-fitted components for mobile phone installation with voice control, thus allowing drivers to keep both hands on the wheel.
A new dimension in telephone quality for this class of vehicle is achieved by way of echo compensation and speed-dependent volume control (GALA).
Even the basic sound system offers a centre loudspeaker in the middle of the dash panel to enhance the acoustic effect and natural sound reproduction.
This sound quality can be improved still further with the BOSE sound system, featuring 6-channel actuation and a total output of 222 W.
The standard of control unit networking has also been raised to that of the mid-range category. The number of interlinked control units is more than twice that of the Audi A3 ’97, thus equipping the compact class with a whole range of top quality functions.
- Control Units
- Exploded view of control unit fitting locations
- BUS topology
- Data bus diagnostic interface J533 (gateway)
- Onboard power supply control unit J519
- Convenience system central control unit J393
- Interior monitor (IM)
- Anti-theft alarm (ATA)
- Alarm horn H12
- Anti-theft/tilt system control unit J529
- Door control units J386 and J387
- Parking aid control unit J446
- Steering column electronics control unit J527
- Trailer detector control unit J345
- Control unit with display in dash panel insert J285
- Radio controlled clock
- Distributed Functions
- Hazard warning system
- Left turn signal
- Triggering of anti-theft alarm
- General outline of infotainment system
- Sound systems
- Radios and CD changer
- Aerial system
- Pre-fitted components for mobile phone installation
- Navigation system 4
- Passenger Protection
- Safety systems
- Airbag control unit J234
- Front airbag crash sensors G283, G284 (upfront sensors)
- Airbag warning lamp K75
- Seat belts
- Active head restraints
- Battery cut-off relay J655
The Self Study Programme contains information on design features and functions.
The Self Study Programme is not intended as a Workshop Manual.
Values given are only intended to help explain the subject matter and relate to the software version applicable when the SSP was compiled.
Use should always be made of the latest technical publications when performing maintenance and repair work.