Self Study Program 258 – The New Beetle RSi
VAG SSP 258. In this Self-Study Programme, we will be presenting the special technical features of the various modules of the vehicle. No doubt, you will already be familiar with several components from other models. The New Beetle RSi is a limited-edition vehicle derived from the Original New Beetle Cup racing car version.
An exclusive sports car . . . with VOLKSWAGEN
The New Beetle RSi is a fully-fledged 4-seater driven by a 3.2 litre V6 engine. Its widened body, enlarged spoilers and bootmounted rear spoiler stand out at first glance.
Recaro bucket seats with leather upholstery in tropic-orange, as well as its interior trims in aluminium, Alcantara and carbon combine sportiness with elegance.
For more detailed descriptions of these components, please refer to other Self-Study Programmes.
- In brief
- Brief description of the vehicle
- Vehicle dimensions, aerodynamics
- Body, glazing, interior trim
- Front seats, rear seats
- RSi engine, cooling system, exhaust system
- Power transmission
- Running gear
- Front axle, rear axle, brake system
- Electrical system
- Dash panel insert, gearshift indicator
- Additional instruments, button for starter system
- Convenience and safety electronics
- Radio system
- Heated rear window with rear window aerial
- Car jack, wheel change
This Self-Study Programme explains the design and function of new developments.
The contents are not updated. Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for current inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.