Self Study Program 234 – Vehicle batteries Fundamentals and handling
Self Study Program 234 – Vehicle batteries Fundamentals and handling PDF. To enable correct handling of batteries for service and maintenance, a degree of basic knowledge is necessary, which will be provided in this self-study programme.
The battery is one of the most important electrical components in the vehicle. A perfectly functioning battery contributes significantly towards customer satisfaction.
In addition to the engine starting function, the vehicle battery also has the task of storing electrical energy for the whole onboard electrical system in the vehicle.
The vehicle battery acts as an accumulator. This means it can accept electrical energy for purposes of storage and make it available for other uses at a later stage, depending on the demand.
- Battery construction
- Charge and discharge processes
- Technical battery figures and terms
- Latest technologies
- Different battery types
- VOLKSWAGEN factory fitted batteries
- Properties and special features
- Low maintenance and maintenance-free batteries
- Installation positions of batteries in vehicle
- Energy structure
- Factors affecting energy structure
- Electrical system concepts
- Harmonisation of battery and alternator
- Discharge and response to temperatures
- Battery testing
- Battery charging
- Battery recharging
- Boost starting
- Storage and transport
- Dangers when handling vehicle batteries
- Warning notices
- Explanation of highlighted terms
- Test your knowledge
The Self-Study Programme explains the design and function of new developments! The contents of this SSP are not updated.
Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for all inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.