Self Study Program 228 – Variable Automatic Gearbox multitronic 01J
Self Study Program 228 – Variable Automatic Gearbox multitronic 01J Design and Function PDF free online
The name multitronic stands for the new variable automatic gearbox developed by Audi. The variable automatic gearbox is commonly known as the CVT gearbox.
The CVT concept improved by Audi is based on the long-established principle of the “chain drive transmission”. According to this principle, the reduction ratio between the shortest and the longest ratio can be controlled steplessly by means of a so-called “variator”.
CVT is the English abbreviation for “Continuously Variable Transmission”.
The new Audi multitronic with Tiptronic function offers a synergy of the best possible dynamics, optimal fuel utilisation and the highest possible level of drive comfort.
- The gearbox concept
- Gearbox modules
- The flywheel damper unit
- Sectional view of gearbox
- The forward clutch/reverse clutch with planetary gear train
- The clutch control
- The clutch cooling system
- The auxiliary reduction gear step
- The variator
- The transmission control
- The torque sensor
- The splash oil cover
- The chain
- The oil supply
- Electrohydraulic control
- Selector shaft and parking lock
- Gearbox housing/ducting and sealing systems
- Hydraulic chart
- ATF cooling system
- Gearbox control
- Control unit for multitronic J217
- CAN information interchange, multitronic
- Auxiliary signals/interface
- Function diagram
- Dynamic control program (DCP)
- Update programming (flash programming)
- Special tools/workshop equipment
The Self-Study Programme explains the design and function of new developments! The contents of this SSP are not updated.
Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for all inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.