Opel Manta 1975 – 1988 Haynes Service Workshop Manual
Models covered All Opel Ascona and Manta (B Series) models; Saloon, Coupe & Hatchback; 1584 cc, 1796 cc, 1897 cc & 1979 cc. Few people can have had the luck to realise their dreams to quite the same extent and in such a remarkable fashion as John Haynes, Founder and Chairman of the Haynes Publishing Group.
Since 1965 his unique approach to workshop manual publishing has proved so successful that millions of Haynes Manuals are now sold every year throughout the world, covering literally thousands of different makes and models of cars, vans and motorcycles.
A continuing passion for cars and motoring led to the founding in 1985 of a Charitable Trust dedicated to the restoration and preservation of our motoring heritage. To inaugurate the new Museum, John Haynes donated virtually his entire private collection of 52 cars.
Now with an unrivalled international collection of over 210 veteran, vintage and classic cars and motorcycles, the Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset is well on the way to becoming one of the most interesting Motor Museums in the world.
- About this manual
- Introduction to the Opel Ascona and Manta
- General dimensions, weights and capacities
- Buying spare parts and vehicle identification numbers
- Tools and working facilities
- Safety first!
- Routine maintenance
- Recommended lubricants and fluids
- Chapter 1 Engine
- Chapter 2 Cooling system
- Chapter 3 Carburation; fuel and exhaust systems
- Chapter 4 Ignition system
- Chapter 5 Clutch
- Chapter 6 Manual gearbox and automatic transmission
- Chapter 7 Propeller shaft
- Chapter 8 Rear axle
- Chapter 9 Braking system
- Chapter 10 Electrical system
- Chapter 11 Suspension and steering
- Chapter 12 Bodywork and fittings
- Chapter 13 Supplement: Revisions and information on later models
- Fault diagnosis
- General repair procedures
- Conversion factors