NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX MODEL B14 SERIES 1997 SERVICE MANUAL
This manual contains maintenance and repair procedure for the 1997 NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX. Due to emission differences for Canadian 1997 Senteas, refer to the 1996 Sentra / 200SX Service Manual (Publication No. SM6E-OB14UO/1) when servicing the following components / systems on a Canadian specification 1997 Sentra.
- AliS System – Trouble Diagnoses and Wiring Diagrams (Section BR)
- A/T System Wiring Diagram A/T, RL-(Section AT)
- Cooling Fans (Sections EC and HA)
- Electrical System – All Components and Wiring Diagrams (Section EL)
- Engine Control System – All Components and Wiring Diagrams (Section EC)
- Evaporative Emission System (Sections MA and EC)
- Exhaust Manifold and Exhaust System (Sections EM and EE)
- Fuel Pump (Sections FE, EC and EL)
- Fuel Tank Assembly and Mounting (Section FE)
- Generator (Section EL)
- Intake Manifold (Section EM)
- Throttle Chamber (Section EC)
- Wiring Harness Layout (Section EL) Use this Service Manual to service all other components/systems on a Canadian specification 1997 Sentra.
In order to assure your safety and the efficient functioning of the vehicle, this manual should be read thoroughly. It is especially important that the PRECAUTIONS in the Gl section be completely understood before starting any repair task.
All information in this manual is based on the latest product information at the time of publication. The right is reserved to make changes in specifications and methods at any time without notice.
The proper performance of service is essential for both the safety of the technician and the efficient functioning of the vehicle.
The service methods in this Service Manual are described in such a manner that the service may be performed safely and accurately. Service varies with the procedures used, the skills of the technician and the tools and parts available. Accordingly, anyone using service procedures, tools or parts which are not specifically recommended by NISSAN must first completely satisfy himself that neither his safety nor the vehicle’s safety will be jeopardized by the service method selected.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- ENGINE MECHANICAL
- ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS
- ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM
- ACCELERATOR CONTROL. FUEL & EXHAUST SYSTEMS
- MANUAL TRANSAXLE
- AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
- FRONT AXLE & FRONT SUSPENSION
- REAR AXLE & REAR SUSPENSION
- BRAKE SYSTEM
- STEERING SYSTEM
- RESTRAINT SYSTEM
- HEATER & AIR CONDITIONER
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- ALPHABETICAL INDEX