Lexus ES300 1997 Repair Manual
To assist you in your service activities, this manual explains the main characteristics of the new ES300, in
particular providing a technical explanation of the construction and operation of new mechanisms and new technology used.
Applicable models: MCV20 series
This manual is divided into 4 sections.
1. Introduction — Development objectives of the new model and model line-up.
2. New Model Outline — Explanation of the product to give a general understanding of its features.
3. Technical Description — Technical explanation of the construction and operation of each new system
4. Appendix — Major technical specifications of the vehicle.
For detailed service specifications and repair procedures, refer to the following Repair Manuals:
Manual Name Pub. No.
1997 LEXUS ES300 Repair Manual RM511U
1997 LEXUS ES300 Electrical Wiring Diagram EWD284U
All information contained herein is the most up-to-date at the time of publication. We reserve the right to
make changes without prior notice.
The new ES300 aims to further strengthen its status as a Lexus entry vehicle through appealing more strongly to the young, quality minded drivers by creating more advanced, attractive designs and functions, and through obtaining a wider variety of users by adding more value to the car.
- Air Conditioning
- Automatic Transaxle System
- Automatic Transmission
- Body Electrical Systems
- Brake System
- Charging System
- Cooling System
- Emission Control System
- Engine Mechanical
- Ignition System
- New Car Features
- Preparation Maintenance
- Sequential Fuel Injection System
- Service Specifications
- Special Service Campaign
- Supplemental Restraint System
- Suspension and Axle
- Wiring Diagram