Land Rover 1997 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.2L V8 Engine Overhaul Manual (LRL 0164ENG)
Land Rover 1997 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.2L V8 Engine Overhaul Manual (LRL 0164ENG) PDF free online
These engines, with or without suffix B added to the engine serial number are fitted to the following models:
- Range Rover Classic
How to use this Manual
To assist in the use of this Manual the section title is given at the top and the relevant sub-section is given at the bottom of each page.
This manual contains procedures for overhaul of the V8 engine on the bench with the gearbox, clutch, inlet manifold, exhaust manifolds, coolant pump, starter motor, alternator, and all other ancillary equipment removed. For information regarding General Information, Adjustments, removal of oil seals, engine units and ancillary equipment, consult the Repair Manual.
This manual is divided into 3 sections:
- Data, Torque & Tools
- Description and Operation and
To assist filing of revised information each sub-section is numbered from page 1.
Individual items are to be overhauled in the sequence in which they appear in this manual. Items numbers in the illustrations are referred to in the text.
Overhaul operations include reference to Service tool numbers and the associated illustration depicts the tool. Where usage is not obvious the tool is shown in use. Operations also include reference to wear limits, relevant data, and specialist information
and useful assembly details.
- DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION
- CYLINDER BLOCK COMPONENTS
- CYLINDER HEAD COMPONENTS
- ROCKER SHAFTS
- CYLINDER HEAD
- TIMING CHAIN AND GEARS
- OIL COOLER ADAPTER – ENGINE NUMBERS WITHOUT SUFFIX B
- OIL PUMP – ENGINE NUMBERS WITHOUT SUFFIX B
- OIL PUMP – ENGINE NUMBERS WITH SUFFIX B
- CAMSHAFT AND TAPPETS
- PISTONS, CONNECTING RODS, PISTON RINGS AND CYLINDER BORES
- FLYWHEEL AND STARTER RING GEAR
- DRIVE PLATE AND RING GEAR ASSEMBLY
- CRANKSHAFT, MAIN AND BIG-END BEARINGS