JOHN DEERE POWERTECH 10.5L & 12.5L DIESEL ENGINE REPAIR MANUAL CTM100
JOHN DEERE POWERTECH 10.5L & 12.5L DIESEL ENGINE REPAIR MANUAL CTM100 PDF free online
For complete service information also see:
- POWERTECH 10.5 L & 12.5 L Diesel Engines—Delphi/Lucas Electronic Fuel
Systems With Delphi/Lucas EUIs CTM115
- POWERTECH 10.5 L & 12.5 L Diesel Engines—Level 6 Electronic Fuel Systems With Delphi/Lucas EUIs CTM188
- OEM Engine Accessories CTM67
- Alternators and Starter Motors CTM77
This manual (CTM100) covers only the base engine. It is one of three volumes on 10.5 L and 12.5 L engines.
The following two companion manuals cover electronic fuel system repair, operation and diagnostics:
- CTM115—Delphi/Lucas Electronic Fuel Systems With Delphi/Lucas EUIs
- CTM188—Level 6 Electronic Fuel Systems With Delphi/Lucas EUIs
CTM115 and CTM188 will cover fuel system repair, formerly included in CTM100, Groups 35 and 36.
Other manuals will be added in the future to provide added information on new electronic fuel systems.
A complete set of all three manuals covering the 10.5 L and 12.5 L engines can be procured by ordering CTM650 Binder Set.
Information is organized in sections and groups for the various components requiring service instruction. At the end of this manual are summary listings of all applicable essential tools, service equipment and tools, other materials needed to do the job, service parts kits, specifications, wear tolerances, and torque values.
This manual contains SI Metric units of measure followed immediately by the U.S. customary units of measure. Most hardware on these engines is metric.
Some components of this engine may be serviced without removing the engine from the machine. Refer to the specific machine technical manual for information on this and for engine removal and installation procedures.
- SECTION 01—General Information
- Group 000—Safety
- Group 001—Engine Identification and Applications
- Group 002—Fuels, Lubricants and Coolant
- SECTION 02—Repair and Adjustments
- Group 010—Engine Rebuild Guide, Break-In and Tune-Up
- Group 020—Cylinder Head and Valves
- Group 030—Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons, and Rods
- Group 040—Crankshaft, Main Bearings, and Flywheel
- Group 050—Camshaft and Timing Gear Train
- Group 060—Lubrication System
- Group 070—Cooling System
- Group 080—Air Intake and Exhaust System
- Group 090—Fuel System
- Group 100—Starting and Charging Systems
- SECTION 03—Theory of Operation
- Group 120—Base Engine Operation
- SECTION 04—Diagnostics
- Group 150—Observable Diagnostics and Tests
- SECTION 05—Tools and Other Materials
- Group 170—Repair Tools and Other Materials
- Group 180—Diagnostic Service Tools
- Group 190—Dealer Fabricated Service Tools
- SECTION 06—Specifications
- Group 200—Repair and General OEM Specifications
- Group 210—Diagnostic Specifications