Ford Sierra RS Cosworth, Escort RS Cosworth Service Repair Manual
This Workshop Manual reproduces pages from the Ford Sierra RS Cosworth and Ford Escort RS Cosworth service microfiche and details technical service information required for components not already covered in previously issued Dealer literature. Note that, unlike the previous issue, CG473, covering the Sierra RS Cosworth only, this manual does not include system test sections. For vehicle system tests, reference should be made to the appropriate Vehicle System Test Manual,
The manual is designed primarily for use by Ford dealerships and gives repair and adjustment procedures to-gether with component illustrations, technical data and details of special tools or equipment which may be required. The repair and adjustment procedures are intended as a guide for both the fully qualified and the less experienced technician.
The repair operations numbering sequence used in all Sections corresponds to that used in the Ford Car Labour Time Schedule.
FOR ALL REPAIR OPERATIONS AND PROCEDURES WHICH ARE NOT DESCRIBED IN THIS MANUAL, REFERENCE SHOULD BE MADE TO THE FORD SIERRA *87 ONWARDS SERVICE MICROFICHE (CG1464), FORD SIERRA RS COSWORTH SERVICE MICROFICHE (CG534) OR THE FORD ESCORT/ORION ’91 SERVICE MICROFICHE (CG1524) AS NECESSARY.
OWNERS AND OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO ALLOW ONLY AUTHORISED FORD DEALERSHIPS TO CARRY OUT THE MORE COMPLEX REPAIRS SUCH AS THE OVERHAUL OF A TRANSMISSION OR DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY, PARTICULARLY THOSE REQUIRING SPECIALISED TOOLING AND KNOWLEDGE.
Behind all FORD and MOTORCRAFT products are the vast resources of the worldwide Parts Supply Operations which can supply replacement parts made to the same exacting standards as the original factory fitted components.
FOR THIS REASON, INSIST THAT ONLY GENUINE FORD OR MOTORCRAFT PARTS ARE USED AS SERVICE REPLACEMENTS.
The Special Service Tool recognition chart given at the start of each section shows all European sourced tools desirable or necessary to carry out a satisfactory repair. When possible, illustrations are given to assist in identifying the tool needed.
- FORMAT AND USAGE
- VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION
- FUEL CONSUMPTION
- HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- STANDARD PRACTICES
- APPLICATION AND USE OF SPECIFICATIONS
- SOLVENTS AND SEALERS
- ROAD OR ROLLER TESTING
- WHEELS AND TYRES
- BRAKING SYSTEM – ESCORT
- BRAKING SYSTEM – SIERRA
- POWER ASSISTED STEERING – ESCORT
- POWER ASSISTED STEERING – SIERRA
- FRONT AXLE AND SUSPENSION – SIERRA
- FRONT AXLE, SUSPENSION AND DRIVESHAFTS – MT75/4X4
- FRONT AXLE AND SUSTENSION – ESCORT
- REAR AXLE, SUSPENSION AND DRIVESHAFT
- MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND CLUTCH – BORG WARNER
- MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND CLUTCH – KT75
- Engine – Sierra
- Engine – Sierra 4×4
- Engine – Escort
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Cooling System – 4×4
- Exhaust System
- Exhaust System – 4×4
- Starting System
- Engine Management and Emission System – Sierra
- Engine Management and Emission System – Sierra 4×4
- Engine Management and Emission System – Escort
- Charging System
- Exterior Lights, Direction Indicators, Horn and Windscreen Wipers – Sierra
- Exterior Lights, Direction Indicators, Horn and Windscreen Wipers – Escort
- Interior Lights, Instruments, Instrument Panel Controls – Escort
- Heating and Ventilation – Sierra
- Air Conditioning – Escort
- Interior and Exterior Trim
- Pre-Delivery and Maintenance Procedures