Ford Ranger EV 2001 Wiring Diagrams
FCS-12887-01. Ford Customer Service Division has developed a new format for the 2001 Electric Ranger Wiring Diagrams. Our goal is to provide accurate and timely electrical information.
2001 Wiring Diagrams Features
- Schematic pages do not contain Component Location references to full-view illustrations and Component Descriptions that describe the system function of a component. (This information is available in CELL 152 Location Index or the Workshop Manual.)
- “COMPONENT TESTING” procedures (CELL 149) that tell the user how to perform diagnostic tests on various circuits.
- NOTES, CAUTIONS and WARNINGS contain important safety information.
- Full view “COMPONENT LOCATION VIEWS” (CELL 151) to help locate on-vehicle components.
- Circuit voltages have been added to schematic pages to help simplify troubleshooting.
Nonessential troubleshooting hints have been deleted.
- Cellular Pagination: A specific section (or cell) in all Wiring Diagrams is numbered by cell and starts with page 1. For example: “HOW TO USE THIS MANUAL” is CELL 2 and begins with page 2-1.
- “CONNECTOR FACES” (CELL 150) will contain all connectors, to aid in servicing electrical wiring.
- “C” numbers have been assigned for all electrical connectors. “C” numbers are listed in the
“LOCATION INDEX” (CELL 152).
- “HARNESS CAUSAL PART NUMBERS” (CELL 153) has been added to aid in identifying warranty concerns.
- In-line connector numbers contain a suffix to denote connector “gender” type (F-socket, M-prior blade).
- HIGH VOLTAGE WIRES are identified by “white” wires with a black outline. Black stripes may also appear on these wires, indicating a tracer. Wiring harnesses with high voltage wiring will be identified in the vehicle by orange convolute around that harness auxiliary loads such as the A/C system, power steering pump, heater and certain control components. These components should be treated with extreme caution. Do not perform any service on them until all high voltage power has been disconnected.
- Fuse Panel/Circuit Protection
- Auxiliary Battery Charging System
- Power Distribution (Low Voltage)
- Power Distribution (High Voltage)
- Multiplex Communication Network
- Traction Battery System
- Traction Battery Charging/Heating System
- Traction Battery Cooling/Ventilation
- Emergency Power Off (EPO)/lnterlock System
- Contactor Box Relay Control
- Motor/Transaxle Control
- Cooling System
- Shift Lock
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Power Steering
- Horn/Cigar Lighter
- Air Bag Restraint System
- Air Conditioner/Heater
- Generic Electronic Module (GEM)
- Instrument Cluster
- Instrument Illumination
- Interval Wiper/Washer
- Courtesy Lamps
- Turn/Stop/Hazard Lamps
- Exterior Lamps
- Backup Lamps
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Power Windows
- Power Mirrors
- Vacuum System
- Component Testing
- Connector Faces
- Component Location Views
- Location Index
- Harness Causal Part Number