Ford Ranger 2003 Service Repair Manual
This Manual has been prepared to provide information covering normal service repairs and maintenance for the RANGER SERIES 2003.
As all information in this manual was the best available at the time of printing, vehicle specification and other information will be updated in Service Information.
This manual is applicable to vehicles beginning with the Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN), and related materials shown on the following page.
- Most repair operations begin with an overview illustration. It identifies the components, shows how the parts fit together, and describes visual part inspection. However, only the removal/installation procedures which need to be performed methodically have written instructions.
- Expendable parts, tightening torques, and symbols for oil, grease, and sealant are shown in the overview illustration. In addition, symbols indicating parts which require the use of special service tools for removal/installation are also shown.
- The procedures are numbered and the part that is the main point of that procedure is shown in the illustration with the corresponding number. Occasionally, there are important points or information concerning a procedure.
Refer to this information when servicing the related part.
The third generation of the Ford Ranger pickup, developed by the Australian branch of the company, debuted in 2011; automobiles are manufactured by factories in Thailand, South Africa and Argentina. The car is sold in many countries in Asia, Africa, South America, Australia, and until 2015 the model was supplied to the Russian market.
The pickup has a traditional design for such cars: a frame, spring rear suspension, rear wheel drive or rigidly connected four-wheel drive with locking rear differential and a reduction gear. Customers are offered a version with a half or a double cabin.
The Ranger is fitted with 2.2-liter (125–160 hp) and 3.2 liter (200 hp) turbodiesels, and in some markets there is also a version with a 2.5-liter gasoline engine 167 forces. Gearbox – manual or automatic, six-speed.
Sales of the Ford Ranger pickup in Russia were completed in 2015 due to the growth in foreign exchange rates and the general market decline. In total, approximately 2,700 copies of the model sold in the domestic market. We offered both gasoline and diesel cars at a price of 1.4 million rubles.
In 2015, the Ranger was seriously modernized: the design of the pickup truck and its interior changed, a new instrument panel and multimedia system appeared in the cabin, the list of options was expanded, and an electric amplifier was used instead of the power steering.
The Ford Ranger pickup has an analogue – the Mazda BT-50 model, and the Ford Everest SUV was created on the same platform.
- General Information
- Lubrication System
- Cooling System
- Fuel and Emission Control Systems
- WL, WL Turbo
- F2 CIS
- F2 CARB
- Engine Electrical System
- Manual Transmission
- Propeller Shaft
- Front and Rear Axles
- Steering System
- Braking System
- Body Electrical System
- Heater and Air Conditioner Systems
- Technical Data
- Special Tools