Alfa Romeo Boxer Engines 1351 and 1596 Repair Instructions
Alfa Romeo Boxer Engines 1351 and 1596 Repair Instructions PDF free online
The instructions given in the following paragraphs refer to the complete overhaul of the engine on the bench, after removing the power unit from the engine.
The instructions are subdivided as follows:
– Disassembly of the engine:
removal of the engine accessories and components and disassembly into its main component parts.
– Disassembly and checks of the crankcase:
complete overhauling of the crank mechanisms.
– Cautions for re-assembly:
these include specific re-assembly operations where they differ substantially from the instructions for disassembly.
– Checks and inspections of electrical components of the lubrication circuit.
For re-assembly, the sequence for all the dis-as-sembly instructions described hereafter, should be reversed unless otherwise specified.
The following procedures refer to complete overhauling of the whole engine; it is however possible to use individual parts of these instructions when dealing with specific components.
- Lubrication system
- Engine disassembly
- Cylinder head disassembly
- Checking and inspecting cylinder heads
- Checking and lnspecting the crankcase
- Cautions during reassembly
- Checking electric components of the lubrication circuit